Saturday 30 July 2011

Post 53: Things i Checked Before Buying Books.

Do you read books ? What kind of genres do you preferred ? I read almost all genres till i realized I am much more interested on something with facts and evidences, something with statistics and has been analysts. Anyway, other than the contains itself, there would be something that i look after before buying any books, and what are they ?


1. Book's Title

- I always found myself selecting and screening books by it's title first and always being attracted with something which i believe suits enough with my situations or circumstances at that time. For example, whenever i felt a bit unhappy, i would prefer to read something which can help me improved my level of happiness.


2. Font-size Used

- I admit that the smaller size of font used by the publishers would made a turned-off for me. This is a tough calls when i found a very interesting reading materials, however they were using kind of small-sized fonts, i would just put back the books on its rack. I won't buy, because i know it could distracted me from continuous reading. I preferred books with medium to large sized of fonts.


3. Plain white papers

- You know right sometimes the books were printed on the somehow somewhat brownish kind of colored papers ? It looks like a vintage, perhaps but i definitely won't buy because it could turned-on my sleepy mode. Haha. I loved the smells of carbons from fresh white papers ! Okay, i know i am freak ? No, i am uniquely the way i am ;p


4. Book's Covers

- I found this one book with very bright green color covered yesterday. It seems so eye catching i tell you !! It spells sweet ! Just imagine your books with bright colors as covers on the shelf ? Is not it interesting ? However this will only be on my very least things i checked before buying books. If i selected books with very nice covers, it was bonuses ! If not, i would just do not care as i have no. 1 until no. 3 checked !



p/s: Happy Ramadhan to all my Muslim's readers if have any ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment